Class: College-Bound Personal Safety for Women
Location: Peacock Gap Park, San Rafael CA
Specific directions will be sent prior to the workshop.
If you have the registration code, enroll now by clicking the REGISTER button to the left. We accept Venmo, credit and debit payments.
For the registration code or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
College Bound Personal Safety
To ensure your college experience is fun, exciting and safe, André Salvage and Associates has put together this class for young women soon to be entering or recently enrolled in college.
With even more reported attacks occurring on college campuses, it is important, now more than ever, that young women learn the personal awareness skills to understand predatory behavior, and inform their own choices around drinking and parties. Most importantly, every young woman needs to know how to physically stop someone from harming them. There is no better way for young women to safely receive this information than this class.
- Trusting your intuition
- Social pulls that are dangerous
- Safety plan for parties
- Safety on campus, dormitories, street, and parties
- Drinking and drug choices
- Recognizing dangerous situations without becoming paranoid
- Learning to set boundaries that either end or keep the relationship.
- Educating people how to treat you
- Knowing when and how to aggressively assert and to passively assert yourself.
- Speaking up when something is wrong.
- Using your voice and body correctly and appropriately
- Stopping someone from harming you
- Preparing to defend yourself against someone you know
- Standing and ground techniques
- Self-defense practice on purpose-built dummies manipulated by our team
Katie Sasso is a self-defense instructor and Master black belt in the art of Kung Fu San Soo. She has been working with André Salvage and Associates for over 20 years, sharing her knowledge of Assault Prevention and Street Safety. She works with schools around California and teaches weekend seminars in San Francisco to children, teens, and adults that focus on learning how to be aware, assertive and physically stop someone from harming them. Katie believes in living from her True Nature and shares with others the importance of listening to our intuition.
Prior to working with André Salvage and Associates, Katie graduated from the University of Oregon where she played collegiate soccer. She continued her soccer career playing for Sacramento Storm. She currently lives in the Bay Area with her husband and three children.For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org