“The word 'listen' contains the same letters as the word 'silent'.”
― Alfred Brendel, pianist, poet, author, and lecturer
Although listening is one half of a conversation, it is often all we want. The need to be heard is so powerful that the absence of hearing someone is the reason for the great losses we have experienced personally and in our world.
Listening is an art form. Like watching someone paint a picture, our responsibility is to be present until they have finished painting.
This workshop will be an interactive sharing of how to master the art of authentic listening so the person who is speaking feels heard.
We will discuss:
- Early listening agreements
- The meditation of listening
- Common listening habits that
suck are unhealthy
- Master listening techniques
- Listening to what you are saying (Listening to yourself)
- Everything is saying something—are you listening?
Class size will be limited to 20 people.
Individual Zoom links will be emailed after registration.