Presidio Letterman YMCA
1152 Gorgas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129
Date: Sunday, September 22, 2019
Time: 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Bring: Light lunch/snack: sandwich, fruit & water
Wear: T-shirt, tennis shoes, sweat pants (no sandals or boots)
Age: 16 years +; students <18 years require parent release form.
Enroll now by clicking REGISTER. We accept credit and debit payment online via Paypal; please contact us directly if you prefer to pay by cash or check.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
This is a follow-up course to the Beginning Women’s Assault Prevention Class. Once you know how to stop an unarmed assailant, the next step is to have the awareness of what to do to stop someone with a weapon or how to stop multiple attackers. In the advanced class, we will explore and learn the necessary skills to avoid, assert, and defend against knives, guns, and multiple attackers.
- Listening to your intuition
- Understanding why predators use weapons
- Removing the social and personal fears of knives and guns
- This is not the movies
- Not being taken to a second crime scene
- De-escalating techniques
- Body language when a weapon is pointing at you
- Bringing your opponent closer to you… this is where you want them
- Relaxing and exploding
- Fighting the person not the weapon
- Disarming to go to a vital area
- Defense against multiple attackers (so many vital areas!)