Presidio Letterman YMCA
1152 Gorgas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129
Date: Saturday, January 13, 2018
Time: 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Bring: Light lunch: sandwich, fruit & water
Wear: T-shirt, tennis shoes, sweat pants (no sandals or boots)
Enroll now by clicking the REGISTER button to the left.
We accept payment online via Paypal or you can mail your check payable to:
P.O. Box 11291
San Rafael, CA 94912
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a follow-up course to the Beginning Women’s Assault Prevention Class. Once you know how to stop an unarmed assailant, the next step is to have the awareness of what to do to stop someone with a weapon or how to stop multiple attackers. In the advanced class, we will explore and learn the necessary skills to avoid, assert, and defend against knives, guns, and multiple attackers.
- Listening to your intuition
- Understanding why predators use weapons
- Removing the social and personal fears of knives and guns
- This is not the movies
- Not being taken to a second crime scene
- De-escalating techniques
- Body language when a weapon is pointing at you
- Bringing your opponent closer to you… this is where you want them
- Relaxing and exploding
- Fighting the person not the weapon
- Disarming to go to a vital area
- Defense against multiple attackers (so many vital areas)
André Salvage has been teaching self-defense and assault and rape prevention in Marin, San Francisco, and throughout the United States for over thirty years. André’s background, natural abilities, sensitivity and concern for the safety of his seven children have helped him create effective, easy-to-learn self-protection programs.
He works with people of all ages, from kindergartners to adults, on safety, assertiveness, sexual harassment, anti-bullying, and self-defense.